Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happily Ever After

There's a crazy kinda love that I may never know. The rather-die-than-live-without-you kinda love.

I rolled my eyes as my friend gazed lovingly at a woman in a photograph--her boyfriend's mother. She made promises to herself and to the universe, of how she would take care of that stranger-woman because she loved her, because she loved her boyfriend.
Don't we all know that couple, the girl from that super wealthy family that eloped with a slumdog?

Oh of course, I allow for Bollywoodic influences. Still, there is an authenticity to this kind of passion that I can't understand.

I wonder what it's like to forget yourself in a love that's so senseless. And I wonder if it's just love, or something else? Because I love too! And its unfair to call mine a 'lesser love' if I don't move to Limpopo with you.

I wonder if it takes a special kind of person. Or are we all capable of this madness if only we had The Reason?

Nah, I don't crave it. And I would never, should never, call it romance. But I acknowledge that it is its own religion. They don't understand me, and I don't understand them: we both think the other is weaker.

I think its beautiful, this crazy kinda love that I'll never know. It's black, it's white, it's constant and it's refreshing.

And, if you told me you wanted to quit your job in LA to move in with the guy that broke your heart, got engaged to another woman, then broke up with her and, asked you back...I won't roll my eyes.

8 comments:

Mental said...

:-)

Congratulations.. :-)

drparikh said...

:)
that's not my theory post though, the one I was going to originally post. Oh well, will happen.

Have a nice Sunday!

Mental said...

And, if you told me you wanted to quit your job in LA to move in with the guy that broke your heart, got engaged to another woman, then broke up with her and, asked you back...I won't roll my eyes.

Ma kasam filmy hai.. :P

Mental said...

And, if you told me you wanted to quit your job in LA to move in with the guy that broke your heart, got engaged to another woman, then broke up with her and, asked you back...I won't roll my eyes.

You did that?? :-O

drparikh said...

did what? quit my job, or rolled my eyes?

i didnt quit my job :)

Anonymous said...

Heyyy DP!!

How are you man:) Long long time...
No posts on yahoo groups also ?

I lou ur blogs :D

Prats

drparikh said...

heyyy long time ha
yu also! where have yu been, all is dead in yahoo groups i thought...i havent checked my account also in ages

but ya im not on facebook twitter, so im clueless about the 'real world' ;)

how are yu?

Pratyusha said...

it was dead for almost two years...suddenly richa sent a mail a couple of days ago, and then there was some sudden hush bush on the groups :D

Ive been good!. Where are you placed? and what are you doing? U married? :)
Am in San Jose working for Ericsson ...
U shud come onto the 'real world' ! :P