Monday, April 27, 2009

I Think, Therefore I am

Generally, empathy sans experience is rare and difficult. I did not understand why it took so long for her to get over that 'jerk', why she still pines for him and how she could ever forgive his nonsense--until it happened to me. My anger turned to sympathy and sadness even if I couldn't feel the intensity of emotion that she did. My anger toward him and her suddenly directed itself toward him and her fate.
Only because I have now affirmed that some solutions do not exist.

If they did exist and if I'd found one, potential kindness is annulled. Yea, I took the course, and yea it was tough. But, I worked hard and excelled. I got an A- and there's no reason you can't.

Either we hold ourselves up to a very high standard: 'Do what I did, just the way I did it.'
or
a very low one: 'If I can do it, anyone can.'
I don't know which it is, but they're both equally nutritious for the ego.

If you will notice carefully, as I do sometimes in my drunken stupors of introspection, we judge people based on what we would have done rather than based purely on what they have done. Our back story is more applicable then theirs. We are our own norm of sanity and moral. And for someone with such lowly self-esteem as me, it is relieving & refreshing to know that I do believe I have lived life to the best of my ability (and so should you.)

12 comments:

Mental said...

LOL...and very true.. :-)

our backstories indeed are more applicable than anything else in the world.. :-)

Where did you learn such deep understanding of human behavior? you psychiatrist or something? :P

i am a little late in commenting..I was working on my feeding my ego.. :-)

drparikh said...

nooo no im not a shrink or expert on human behaviour but i wish i was! lol things would be easier

this blog ive been thinking bout for a long time just didnt know the correct words to use. or the right way to explain myself, its totally based on personal experience and noticing how i judge people and then realize i misjudged them.
(which is why, as i said, im not a shrink!)

Mental said...

its totally based on personal experience and noticing how i judge people and then realize i misjudged them.then my dear, it is not about judging...it is about understanding..

and that is why i admire you..(flowers on their way, again..) :-)

drparikh said...

omg so sweet you are! :)

i totally misjudged yu before HAHAHAHAHA

Mental said...

err...

glad someone finally understood me.. I don't remember anyone else calling me sweet since my mother did when i was, i guess, 4..;-)

drparikh said...

So...people that understand you think your sweet?
Or modest? ;)

Mental said...

hehe..you got me!!

Mental said...

almost 3 months!

drparikh said...

haha ive been trying not to get laid off so no time for deep thoughts...
but ill get to it this weekend hopefully


your such a nag!

Mental said...

yeah i am a Nag..Nagraj!! :P

looking forward to the weekend..

Mental said...

err..did i scare you away?

drparikh said...

Nooo lol I just forgot/procrastinated.. Damn I'll get to it asap, 'prof' mental:)